Source: Inside The Magic
There was some serious hype created when Universal Parks revealed that they would be partnering with video game juggernaut Nintendo to develop…something, in some form. We all wanted to know what they had cooking, and at long last, we finally have an answer!
Now, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto and Universal Creative’s Mark Woodbury have finally taken to video to explain their vision for bringing the world of Mario and friends to life! What’s most important, it looks like Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, and Universal Studios Japan will all be getting Nintendo expansions — so everybody can enjoy!
The worlds are set to feature some amazing things, including:
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They’ll be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- You’ll feel as if you’re playing inside your favorite games – in real life.
- There will be something for everyone—regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
Universal promises “to bring the characters, action and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks. And to do so in new and innovative ways that capture what makes them so special.”
Check out the video below: